CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another ATC Swap...of the Skulls and Flowers Variety!

Evening Bloggers! I know it has been a while since my last post and I PROMISE an updated pic of my Jumbo EZer ribbon purse will be the next post up...but I FINALLY got my crafting mojo back AND have received my replacement Cricut...so I am back in business! I wanted share my latest ATC creation I made for an ATC Swap that I am a part of over at the Scrap Shack. As part of the swap each month we each take a turn picking a theme...for July, Scrap Shack Design Team Member Lyn chose the theme Skulls and Flowers. I must admit that at first I was intimidated with the theme...I was like uhhhh  hmmm...but as I started thinking on it, an idea formed and here is the fruits of my labor! I am so happy with how my ATCs came out! I did a number of techniques on these...first I cut the base skull/tombstone out of acetate and inked them using alcohol inks...MY FIRST TIME using acetate and alcohol inks and I LOVE it!!  Anywho...my idea was to make my ATCs to look like a tombstone with a skull on top and have a girl kneeling at the base of it putting flowers down... I used a number of Cricut carts for this, I used "A Childs Year" for the kneeling girl (she actually had a basket in her hand...but I cut it off). Storybook for the "RIP" words which you can't see from the pic because of the girls head, I used George and Basic Shapes for the tombstone. I am not sure where I cut the skulls and the grass and flowers from...I think the grass and flowers were from Plaintain School book.

ANYWAY...my ATC is titled...Remembrance...ENJOY!!

 For the Month of August the ATC swap theme is "The Pride" where we have to create an ATC depicting a typical African "pride" scene. SO...I am off to dream...QUICKLY cause the deadline is approaching on what I will do for that!

Until next time! Have a great night and happy crafting!

-V

1 comments:

Do What You Love said...

Vernetta, these are so cute - I can't wait to get them! I love your skulls and flowers - it really looks great!!! Great use of your Cricut!